You are here

Workers' Compensation

Employees of the University are covered by Workers’ Compensation Insurance. This insurance is applicable only in the event of an accident while the employee is on duty. In the event you are injured on the job, Workers’ Compensation provides financial and medical aid which continues as long as you are disabled.

You must use sick or annual leave while off work due to injury. The compensation for this period must be paid back to the University, since you cannot receive both your regular salary and Workers’ Compensation. The Workers’ Compensation benefits will buy back some of your sick or annual leave. Hospitalization insurance will not be applicable if Workers’ Compensation insurance covers a particular injury.

For more information on Workers' Compensation, visit the following links: